October 28, 2010
- A Garden Grows at St. Mary's Macaroni Kid
- Get Corn Crazy in Southern Maryland's Mazes!
- Welcome New Macaroni Friends
- This Week's Picks
- This Week's Calendar
- Teen Scene
- Plan Ahead
- Hey Teens, Library Fun!
- Macaroni Local Business Directory
- Military Macaroni - Child & Youth Programs
- Military Macaroni - Fitness & Sports Events
- Military Macaroni - Tickets, Tours & Movies
- Playgrounds, Pools and Parks Around Town
- Public School Calendars
- Story Times in St. Mary's County
- Team Sports Registrations and Clinics
- What To Do With Kids In Washington, DC?
Last Weekend For Many Farms!
Looking to frolic with your family this fall? Be sure to visit one of our areas many beautiful farms. Get crazy in our area's a-maize-ing mazes. There's a ton of fall fun going on from petting zoos to wagon slides, hayrides to craft booths; and you'll be sure to find the perfect pumpkin!
In Calvert County visit:
- Spider Hall Farm Heritage in Calvert County www.spiderhallfarm.com 3915 Hallowing Point Road, Prince Frederick, MD 410-535-5819
Open now through October Monday - Thursday 10AM - 5PM; Friday - Sunday 10AM - 6PM
Set on 362 acres, Spider Hall is one of the few remaining working farms of its size in Calvert County. Get lost in an eight acre corn maze, take a tour of the farm on a guided hay ride, or pick your own pumpkins. Make a detour off the highway and come to a place where time stands still. Conveniently located in Prince Frederick, Spider Hall has plenty of fresh air and room to roam.
Corn Maze $5 per person, Hay Ride $5 per person, Combo Ticket $8 per person Children under 5 free.
CASH ONLY PLEASE!
In St. Mary's County visit:
- Bowles Farms, A Maze N Place Southern Maryland's Largest Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch www.bowlesfarms.com 22880 Budds Creek Road, Clements MD 20624 301-475-2139
Opens Sept. 25 - Oct. 31 Saturdays 10AM - 7PM (last ticket sold at 7PM); Sundays 10AM - 6PM (last ticket sold at 5PM); Weekdays by appt.
Celebrating 10 years! Corn Maze, petting zoo, straw jumping pits, hayrides, pumpkin patch, special fall festivities and events, mini-straw maze. Food on site for sale and picnic area. New this year The Farmer's Daughter Cupcake Shop.
General admission $10 per person, includes corn maze, petting zoo, wagon and barrel rides, play area (does not include pumpkins). Children under 3 are free. Parking is free. Groups of 15 or more, call for special pricing.
- Forrest Hall Farm Celebrating the Wine Grape Growing & Wine Making Industry in St. Mary's County www.forresthallfarm.com 39136 Avie Lane, Mechanicsville MD 20659 301-884-3086
Opens Sept. 11 Every weekend 11AM - Dusk; Weekday visits by appt.
Crazy Corn Maze, fall festivities and events, pumpkin patch, hay wagon slide, food on site and picnic area, farm animals, Halloween activities, produce and crafts for sale.
General Admission $7 per person. Children under 3 are free. Group rates: $6 per person for groups of 10 or more. Military Discount, first Sunday of September, October, and November. $1 off your maze package ticket (includes family) (applies to active and retired with military identification).
- T and A Farm A Family Farm since 1893 www.tandafarm.webs.com 18281 St. Jeromes Neck Road, Dameron MD 20628 Dameron, MD
Hay bale maze, simple corn maze, interact with animals, and play on the wooden tractor. Picnic area. Pumpkins, corn stalks, straw, gourds, winter squash, jams & jellies and baked goods all available for purchase.
In Charles County visit:
- Middletons' Cedar Hill Farm A Family Farm Since 1660 www.middletonfarm.com 5190 Leonardtown Road, Waldorf MD 20601 301-399-9812
Opens Sept 22 - Nov. 6 Every weekend 10AM - 6PM
Corn maze, hayrides, barnyard animals and pumpkin patch.
General admission $8 per person. Children under 3 are free. Admission includes maze, hayride, and animals (does not include pumpkins). Parental supervision required for all children under the age of 18.
- Zekiah Farms Discover Agri-Fun www.zekiahfarms.com 5235 Bryantown Road, Waldorf MD 20601 240-216-4065
Opens Sept 25 - Oct 31 Every weekend 10AM to dusk. Weekdays by appt.
Two corn mazes covering 3 miles, hayrides, face painting, straw pit, farm animals, picnic area and farm store.
General admission $8 per person. Children under 3 are free. Inquire about military discount at farm.
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC